Sunday, April 6, 2008

North by Southwest Debuts


This is where I live. Somewhere over the rainbow in the Pacific Northwest. This blog will be about how the geography of western North America has shaped and influenced my life. I suspect it will also contain anecdotes, observations and opinions that I will serve up from time-to-time. I hope it will also be a way for me to communicate with people about ideas, passions, history and any other subject that flits across the garden in my mind. I hope to talk about things I love to do: fishing with a fly, gardening, playing music and rocks.

Why North by SouthWest?

It encompasses the geography of my life from my hometown of Edmonton, Alberta (which is certainly north of where most people live on this continent), to my western migration out to the West coast of BC. It also reflects my love of the west from Alberta to Arizona, and from Northern BC to Southern California. We live in a fantastic part of the world.

Its not all rainbows and sunsets though. Sometimes it rains for weeks and the sun seems to have forsaken my part of the world. I'll try to keep the whining about the weather to a minimum.

No comments: